How we may collect information:
- when you provide it to us by getting in contact (phone/email/web/webchat**)*
- when you subscribe to our services or place an order with us if you submit your details when sending an inquiry through a third-party vendor
- when you provide details at an exhibition or networking event
- when you report a problem with One Kiel Photography’s websites or any of its services
**Content from chat, pre-chat and post-chat surveys is stored for 13 months. During this period you can request that this content be redacted (which will remove all Personal Identifiable Information) by emailing email@example.com.
What information may be collected:
Security of your data
One Kiel Photography respects your data and has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure we have mitigated against such risks as loss or unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data.
How we may use your information
Your information is used to process your purchases, deliver our services and contact you, as well as to improve the website experience for our users.
When you purchase from us, we may collect the following information: name, date of birth, phone number, email address, address, billing address, company name (if applicable), VAT number (if applicable). If you don’t provide this information, you won’t be able to purchase from us or enter into a contract with us. In these instances, we process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract.
When you send us an inquiry or purchase from us, you can opt in to receive marketing communications in relation to our products and services by ticking the relevant boxes. We will then send you the relevant marketing communications until such time that you remove your consent. In these instances, processing is performed on the basis of your consent.
When you sign up as a member, one of the key features of your membership is access to the latest information and opportunities, topical debate and inspiring events. As such, from time to time, we’ll email you with member-only communications that invite you to make the most of your membership. These communications with you may originate from OKP. As a member you can update your contact preferences at any time. In these instances, processing is performed on the basis of your consent. In addition to this, we’ll also contact you with pertinent information regarding your membership (for example, highlighting member benefits, notifying you of Governance activity or advising you when your renewal is due). In these instances, we process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests.
Who your data may be shared with
We will only share your data with third parties for the purposes of delivering our services, fulfilling any contracts we enter with you, where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
Third party communications
One Kiel Photography will not disclose your details to third parties for the purpose of receiving communications from those third parties, including relevant business information, unless you specifically opt-in to this type of communication.
Only when necessary to deliver our services and run our business, we share your information with various providers who will act as data processors. These include:
- Telephone and email providers
- Payment processing providers
- IT service providers
- Hosting providers
- Mailing houses and print/fulfilment companies
- Member benefit providers
Mailing, print and fulfilment companies
OKP will only disclose your information to print and fulfillment companies who are conducting business on OKP’s behalf and only for an agreed purpose, such as magazine distribution, operational membership mailings or marketing mailings. Data is securely encrypted and, once the purpose for which it was transferred is complete, it is deleted.
OKP does not store credit/debit card details, nor does OKP share financial details with any third parties. However, it may (in appropriate circumstances) use certain other companies to provide services to you, such as a credit card processing. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personal information for any purposes other than to provide this service to OKP.
How long we retain your data
We will keep hold of your data for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain it will depend on any legal obligations we have (such as tax recording purposes), the nature of any contracts we have in place with you, the existence of your consent or our legitimate interests as a business.
When you purchase from OKP, for example courses, events, prints and so on, OKP retains that information for a period of six years following the end of the financial year during which you purchased from us. It is our legal obligation to keep these records for tax purposes.
Unless you provide consent for future contact during your enquiry, we will keep your information for as long is required to respond and complete your inquiry, and for a further 12 months, before deleting your information.
Membership information will be retained for a period of 10 years from your last renewal date in order to verify your member status and recent history to third parties on request or to allow you to re-join as a Member. A record that you have been a member and your grade of membership will be retained as part of our register of memberships and to enable your future potential access to One Kiel Photography courses and content.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you and be told about its use.
- Request that OKP rectifies or deletes your information, or restricts processing if you have concerns over its accuracy, deletion or fair and lawful use.
- Object to the processing of your personal data, based on your particular situation, where this processing is based on the legitimate interests of OKP, where it involves direct marketing, or where it is completed for research or statistical purposes.
- Withdraw consent to the use of your information. All of our communications (excluding operational membership communications) contain an unsubscribe link. If you are a member of OKP, you can manage your preferences at any time online.
- Receive your personal data in a portable, commonly used, machine-readable format to transfer to another data controller. However, in some circumstances we may be unable to provide you with some or all of your personal data, for example, if it compromises the confidentiality of a third party.